Medical Home Alert Device Setup
Medical Alert Device Instruction Manual Set-Up Guide
Medical Alert System Includes:
- Emergency Unit with transformer plug
- Phone Connection Cord
- Medical Emergency Button
(Waterproof Pendant or Watchband)
Easy Set-Up Instructions Included
Medical Alert Device Tips & Reminders
Remember to test your system weekly at any time. Call 1-800-325-1787 to put your system on TEST MODE. When you hang up with the operator, simply press your button and wait for the operator to come on the speaker. Tell him/her you are just testing. If you wish to test from outside in your yard, it is advisable to first call the testing number on your unit and ask to be put on test mode for 15-30 minutes. Test your button from outside and call the testing number again when you return. They will tell you how many signals were received.
Your PASSWORD is your ACCOUNT NUMBER, conveniently located on top of your console. If you should call our Central Station for any reason (updating emergency contact numbers or medical information), they will ask for your PASSWORD.
It is best to set-up your unit in a centrally located place in your home if possible. This allows two-way communication to be used effectively.
To answer an INCOMING phone call, simply press your button to take advantage of the speakerphone. Press your button again to disconnect the call when finished.
How Do Medical Alert Devices Work?
Medical Alert personal medical alert devices are simple and easy to use. The Medical Alert personal help button is designed to be worn around the home at all times, even in the bath or shower. Customers can rest assured knowing that help is available at the press of a button, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Connect America makes independent living easy.
Medical alert system includes:
- The 2-way voice communicator unit
- 1 wireless personal help button that can be worn as a bracelet or pendant, or on a belt clip. Additional transmitters are available at no cost.
- Medical alert devices act as a speakerphone. If the phone rings, press your personal help button to answer the phone and speak through the Connect America medical alert system or Connect America communicator unit.
- Medical alert devices have medication reminders. Never forget your medication again with 8 user-programmable daily local medication reminders.
- Medical alert personal help button is waterproof. It can be worn in the bath or shower, where most falls are likely to occur.
- Medical alert's personal help button has a 5-year battery life. It is also lightweight, discrete and the recessed button reduces the likelihood an accidental activation.
- Medical alert personal alert devices are supervised for low battery signals. Our monitoring centre will receive a signal if either the personal help button or the two-way voice communicator unit are low on battery life.
- Medical alert personal alert devices are portable.
What happens when I press the personal help button?
When a customer needs help, they simply press their personal help button.
- A medical alert signal will instantly be sent to Medical Alert's monitoring centre indicating that help is required. The Medical Alert system will announce that it is contacting the monitoring centre.
- Our specially trained Emergency Response Operator will listen in and speak to you through the two-way voice communicator unit to quickly assess the situation and ask if you need help.
- The Emergency Response Operator will dispatch the appropriate help on your behalf. This could be a neighbor, friend, family member, or emergency services like the paramedics, fire department or police.
Dispatches can be customized so that customers can determine who they want called first in the event of an emergency.
Mobile Alert Device Setup
Click here to download