Last Updated:July 26, 2019
WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you when you download and use the Platform. The personal information collect will depend on how you interact with the Platform.
When You Register an Account
After downloading the Platform, you will be asked to create a user account. When you create the user account, we will collect your telephone number or customer or account number. We collect this information to match your instance of the Platform to your customer account, and we will use the information you provide to verify your identity before granting you access to the information associated with your account.
You will also be asked to create a password for accessing your account via the Platform. If you ever forget your password, we will ask you to provide your telephone number to receive a prompt for accessing your account. We use this information to grant you secure access to your account.
You also have the option of selecting a profile picture for your account. If you choose to include a profile picture, you can elect to grant us access to the photo gallery on your mobile phone to select an existing photograph or you may choose to take a profile photo through the Platform. When you upload a profile picture, we will collect and save a copy of the image you select for your profile picture.
The inclusion of a profile picture is entirely optional and will only be used in connection with your profile on the Platform. Your profile photograph will only be visible to Authorized Users associated with your account.
When You Use and Access the Platform
For the Platform to function properly and provide you with medical alert services, certain features must be enabled, including notifications, geographical location (i.e., GPS), call, and storage permissions. Disabling or rejecting any of the requested permissions will cause the Platform to no longer function properly. We use these permissions, and any personal information associated with them, to enable you to send a medical alert and for us to communicate your location to emergency responders.
When you access the Platform, we collect some information directly from your device, as well as through other web-based technologies. The information we collect when you access the Platform includes:
- Device Information: We may collect application usage information anonymously. We use this information to improve your experience, including removing less used features of the Platform and improving upon the most used features.
- Location Information: For the Platform to function properly, we access your geographical location. We collect this information to identify your location in the event of a medical emergency and communicate that location to emergency personnel. We also collect intermittent location proximity data, which we use for the purpose of ensuring your location is transmitting and to monitor your compliance with any geographical boundary limitations associated with your account. Disabling or rejecting location access will cause the Platform to no longer function properly, including the ability for us to communication your medical alert to emergency personnel.
When You Send a Medical Alert
When you send a medical alert, we will collect the coordinates of your physical location (if available), as well as your account identifier and medical device identifier. If available, we will also collect your medical device telephone number or your logged in user telephone number. We collect this information for the purpose of notifying emergency personnel of your medical emergency, including the location of your medical emergency.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we use your information will depend on the information you share with the Platform and how you interact with the Platform. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests and communications
- To manage your user account
- To facilitate your use of the Platform
- To enhance the Platform and user experience
- To respond to your medical alert
- To meet legal and regulatory obligations
- To maintain the security of the Platform and prevent fraud
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal information when you have granted us permission to do so, when it is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you, or when we have a necessary business purpose to share your personal information. In particular, we share your personal information with:
- Support Vendors: When necessary, we share your personal information with third-party vendors working on our behalf to provide specific business support services, including payment processing, website hosting and management, geolocation and mapping services, and service partners that monitor products and respond to emergencies.
- Analytics Companies: We share anonymous, aggregate information regarding use of the Platform with third-party analytics companies. These companies use this aggregate data, which has been stripped of any personally identifying information about you, to provide us with insight regarding Platform usage patterns. As we only share anonymous, aggregate data, this information cannot be traced back to you individually by either us or the analytics vendors.
- Authorized Users of Your Account: If you add other authorized users to your account, such as a family member, friend, caregiver, or emergency contact (“Authorized Users”), we will disclose certain information about your use of your device and the Platform to such Authorized Users, including your location.
- Legal Requirements: As required by law, regulation, or legal process, we will share your personal information with government authorities, enforcement officials, or third parties as necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your California Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have several rights to the personal information we collect in connect with the Platform, including the right to request we:
- Disclose to you a summary of the categories of your personal information we have collected and our purposes for such collection
- Disclose to you a summary of the categories of your personal information we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose, including the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold
- Delete your personal information that we have collected via the Platform
We respect your privacy and will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the above rights, but please note that requesting we delete your personal information will prohibit us from providing the intended services of the Platform, including responding to your medical alert.
California law also requires that we disclose how we respond to “do-not-track requests” from our users. At this time, we do not currently respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users’ browsers.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We have implemented security measures for protecting the personal information you share with us via the Platform. These measures include encryption of all personal information collected via the Platform and multi-factor authentication to verify your identity.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. The Platform is not intended for anyone under the age of 13, and no one under the age of 13 may provide information on this Platform.
Customer Service: 1-800-906-0872