What’s In This Article:
Setting Up Your System
Securely insert the small end of the power cube into the back of the smart cradle. Plug the large end into an electrical outlet not controlled by a light switch. The power light on the charging cradle will illuminate green.
Place your Mobile LTE device in the indicated direction on the charging cradle.
The LED light will turn solid red and the device will announce, “Your device is now charging.”
When your device has adequate battery charge and is connected to the cellular network, it will announce, “Your device is now ready, If you need to place an emergency call please press and hold the HELP button now.”
The first time you turn on your system it may announce, “Hello, it is time to test your system to make sure it is working properly. Please press and hold the HELP button for one second now.” Please make this test call when requested.
Leave your device on the charging cradle until the LED light is green, indicating that your device has completed charging.
Note: Charge your device daily! Test your system monthly!
Using Your System
Placing a Call
Firmly press and hold the HELP button. The device will BEEP and announce, “Placing an emergency call now. To cancel the call please press and hold the HELP button for two seconds now.”
Allow the call to go through and speak to the emergency operator.
Canceling an Emergency Call
During the “Placing an emergency call now…” announcement, press and hold the HELP button for two seconds when prompted.
The device will announce, “Your call has been canceled.”
Note: If the call cannot be placed due to poor cellular connection or other issues, the device will announce, “Call failed.” Attempt to place the call again or move to an area with better cellular service.
Inserting Button into Neck Pendant or Wristband
Turning Your Device Off
Press and quickly release the HELP button three times.
Your device will announce, “Device is powering off. Please confirm by pressing and holding the HELP button now”.
Confirm by pressing and holding the HELP button. The device will announce, “Powering off now, goodbye.”
Turning Your Device ON
Firmly press and hold the HELP button for one second.
Note: Your device is designed to always be ON except when taking it on an airplane.
|LED||Announcement||What this means||What you should do|
|Red Solid||“Your device is now charging.”||Device is connected to the charger||Leave on charger until battery is charged and the LED is green|
|Red Blinking||“Your device battery is low. For your protection, please place your device on the charger now.”||Your battery is critically low||Place device on charger as soon as possible|
|Solid Green||“Your device is now ready.”||Your device is ready to make a call||Press the button if you wish to make a call|
|Blinking Green||Your device has adequate charge and is looking for cellular connection||Wait. If this continues, move to another location with better cell coverage|
|CRADLE LIGHT||Announcement||What this means||What you should do|
|Green Solid||Connected to power source|
|Off||Not receiving power||Check outlet and/or charger connection|
The back of this device and the charging cable both contain magnets. Magnets with a strong magnetic field may cause permanent damage to health devices susceptible to magnetic fields, credit cards, computer hard drives, watches, TVs, data storage media and other electronic devices.
If you have a health device susceptible to magnetic fields, such as a pacemaker or defibrillator, this device and its charging cable must be kept 3″ or more from your health device. Please check with your physician prior to using this device if concerned.
Our products are tested, as are other cellular and wireless communications products licensed in the United States.
Individuals with pacemakers should review their pacemaker materials regarding interaction with cell phones and take the same precautions the materials recommend for this device.
- Your device requires adequate battery charge and cellular signal to make an emergency call.
- Your device is splash proof and can be worn in the bath or shower.
- Your device uses GPS technology to identify your location. In good conditions the product should provide a location that is accurate within 30 feet or less. However, performance of GPS can be affected by a wide range of factors including obstructions, metal objects in the vicinity, structures that block the signal from satellites, weather, and other factors.
- Your device uses the cellular network to communicate. The device’s location, network provider service availability, and other issues may disrupt communications.
- Pendant lanyards are designed to breakaway under certain conditions; however, any cord worn around the neck can pose a risk of strangulation, including the possibility of serious injury or death.
- Charge your device daily! Test your system monthly!
- Please notify us if there are any changes to your address, phone number or emergency contacts.