On the Go
What’s In This Article:
Setting Up Your System
Plug the charging cable into an electrical outlet not controlled by a light switch.
Place your On the Go device in the indicated direction in the charging cradle.
The LED light will turn solid red and the device will announce, “Your device is now charging.”
When your device has adequate battery charge and is connected to the cellular network, it will announce, “Your device is now ready, If you need to place an emergency call please press and hold the HELP button now.”
The first time you turn on your system it may announce, “Hello, it is time to test your system to make sure it is working properly. Please press and hold the HELP button for one second now.” Please make this test call when requested.
Note: It is important to check to make sure you are connected to a cellular network by checking for signal strength bars on the display screen.
Using Your System
Placing a Call
Firmly press and hold the HELP button. The device will BEEP and announce, “Placing an emergency call now. To cancel the call please press and hold the HELP button for two seconds now.”
Allow the call to go through and speak to the emergency operator.
Canceling an Emergency Call
During the “Placing an emergency call now…” announcement, press and hold the HELP button for two seconds when prompted.
The device will announce, “Your call has been canceled.”
Note: If the call cannot be placed due to poor cellular connection or other issues, the device will announce, “Call failed.” Attempt to place the call again or move to an area with better cellular service.
Turning Your Device Off
Press and quickly release the HELP button three times.
Your device will announce, “Device is powering off. Please confirm by pressing and holding the HELP button now”.
Confirm by pressing and holding the HELP button. The device will announce, “Powering off now, goodbye.”
Turning Your Device ON
Firmly press and hold the HELP button for one second.
Note: Your device is designed to always be ON except when taking it on an airplane.
|LED||Announcement||What this means||What you should do|
|Red Solid||“Your device is now charging.”||Device is connected to the charger||Leave on charger until battery is charged and the LED is green|
|Red Blinking||“Your device battery is low. For your protection, please place your device on the charger now.”||Your battery is critically low||Place device on charger as soon as possible|
|Solid Green||“Your device is now ready.”||Your device is ready to make a call||Press the button if you wish to make a call|
|Blinking Green||Your device has adequate charge and is looking for cellular connection||Wait. If this continues, move to another location with better cell coverage|
- Your device requires adequate battery charge and cellular signal to make an emergency call.
- Your device is splash proof and can be worn in the bath or shower.
- Your device uses GPS technology to identify your location. In good conditions the product should provide a location that is accurate within 30 feet or less. However, performance of GPS can be affected by a wide range of factors including obstructions, metal objects in the vicinity, structures that block the signal from satellites, weather, and other factors.
- Your device uses the cellular network to communicate. The device’s location, network provider service availability, and other issues may disrupt communications.
- Pendant lanyards are designed to breakaway under certain conditions; however, any cord worn around the neck can pose a risk of strangulation, including the possibility of serious injury or death.
- Charge your device daily! Test your system monthly!
- Please notify us if there are any changes to your address, phone number or emergency contacts.